Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Manager will be responsible for the local implementation and delivery of the National Kidney Foundation’s (NKF) signature and local programs to patients, those at risk for kidney disease, medical professionals and the public.
The Program Manager will work with the Executive Director to evaluate program performance and ensure activities are aligned with the NKF’s strategic plan. The Program Manager may also work in collaboration with Regional leadership and Development staff in fundraising efforts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver NKF signature and local programs within the National Capital Area.
- Execute educational programs and screenings within the community.
- Manage all logistics related to professional education meetings, grand rounds in hospital settings and/or education sessions.
- Oversee program coordination, marketing, communications, program delivery, tracking and metrics.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers.
- Enhance minority outreach and public awareness activities.
- Work in collaboration with Executive Director and Development staff to secure funding for local programs.
- Assist with grant proposals.
- Develop and coordinate activities to strengthen “World Kidney Day” public education campaign and other public awareness activities.
- Assist with local expansion strategies, by increasing community and corporate partnerships.
- Produce local reports on programs performance and provide feedback to management.
- Assist with the local program budget.
- Coordinate local Medical Advisory Board meetings and recruit new members.
- Performs additional duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Master’s in health-related or social services field, preferred.
- Minimum three year’s work related experience managing community outreach and/or public education programs.
- Experience working for a non-profit health agency is preferred.
- Experience in grant proposal writing is desirable.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, time-management and organizational skills.
- Fluent in Microsoft Word applications.
- Flexible for overnight business travel including the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: