Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Manager is accountable for overseeing the relationship management of health systems, transplant centers, dialysis organizations, industry and community partners in the western Pennsylvania and West Virginia regions. He/she will lead the pursuit of new opportunities, manage and cultivate relationships and drive involvement of accounts to achieve NKF’s mission and income efforts.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the overall planning, local implementation and delivery of the NKF’s lead signature programs to patients, medical professionals and those at risk for kidney disease as well as serve as our local advocacy liaison.
He/she will identify new opportunities, manage, steward and solicit support from a portfolio of both existing and new, health-system, government and community partners driving involvement in NKF program and income efforts. Collaborates with community partners, nephrology groups, hospitals and healthcare providers to increase market penetration, and engagement of their organizations. Accountable for significant income and mission targets, growing engagement, impact and revenue across all channels. The Program Manager ensures goal achievement through the engagement and mobilization of volunteers. He/she will also work with national program staff to evaluate program performance and ensure activities are aligned with the NKF’s strategic plan. The Program Manager will also work in collaboration with regional leadership and development staff in fundraising efforts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In partnership with the Executive Director, develop and execute market plan that includes budget development, financial analysis and forecasting, corporate and volunteer development.
- Develop and manage program budgets and financial forecasting.
- Execute fundraising and mission impact strategies to achieve and exceed goals from health-systems, community partners and foundations.
- Alongside the Medical Advisory Board Chair, manage, recruit and oversee local NKF Medical Advisory Board.
- Responsible for successful implementation of NKF programs/events to include but not limited to CKDinform, continuing medical education on kidney disease for primary care providers; The Big Ask/The Big Give, living donor advocate program; World Kidney Day/National Kidney Month, kidney health awareness campaign; KEEP Healthy, free public health screening program; Your Kidneys and You, public health education; and current and new National and Regional programs.
- Accountable to develop and steward a portfolio of donors to secure sponsorship from health-system and foundations.
- Work in partnership with our national advocacy team to increase Kidney Action Committee membership and lead local advocacy initiatives.
- Participates in local collaborations, partnerships and health-related coalitions that advance NKF’s strategy and mission.
- Prepare and submit grants to attract program funding.
- Demonstrate consistent quality of administration, communications and systems; responsible for maintaining timelines and directing all resources needed to achieve programmatic goals.
- Engages, recruits, trains, recognizes, and manages volunteers as applicable.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, health administration, healthcare, nonprofit management or equivalent preferred; graduate degree a plus. Preferred minimum of 5-7 years of experience in healthcare related sales or account management. Fundraising/event planning experience a plus!
- Ability to represent NKF effectively to corporate, health systems and community leaders, including work with disparate populations and diverse constituents. Experience leading and working with committees is a plus!
- Knowledge of health-systems, managed care organizations including health insurance/coverage issues, advocacy and government policy.
- Strong experience with community-based program planning and implementation.
- Excellent strategic planning, oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Attention to detail is a must! Strong public speaker preferred.
- Exceptional level of customer service and skilled relationship-builder.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Salesforce or equivalent customer database software.
- Experience in grant proposal writing and knowledge of product marketing.
- Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Flexible for business travel, including the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: