This position is responsible for leading project(s) supported by corporate partners from inception to execution. This includes planning, execution and managing the people resources and scope of the project(s). He/She ensures functional team alignment so that activities and deliverables for projects are executed on time, on budget, at the highest possible level of quality.
The Project Manager is an important member of the team(s), working collaboratively with the corporate relations, programs, scientific activities, IT, and marketing teams to meet and exceed performance targets, foster a positive work environment, and serves as a model of professionalism and a reflection of the NKF’s personality and culture.
A Project Manager has 5-7 years of experience in Project Management and must have a proven record of independent execution of the below responsibilities and successful demonstration of the below competencies.
- Partners with all departments to apply experience across program mix, technologies, and promotional channels to deliver innovative solutions, leveraging organizational capabilities that address project needs.
- Creates and manages project workplans, assisting department leads to define project requirements and success metrics, as well as appropriate staff/capacity plans.
- Creates risk mitigation plan with possible scenarios and solutions for all projects based on executional experience as well as specific areas of project uncertainty.
- Collaborates with department leads to evolve project delivery process and toolset
- Manages execution of work on assigned projects, holding all team members accountable to the delivery of their assigned work, maintaining project SOPs, and adhering to quality control practices.
- Provides expertise in the selection, implementation, and management of a project management solution that provides real-time feedback for all team leaders regarding assigned deliverables and timelines.
- Manages and documents work status, ensuring that interdepartmental teams are tracking appropriately to the workplan.
- Proactively tracks resource needs across projects and alerts resource managers of unfulfilled gaps or capacity.
- Actively mitigates risk by anticipating potential executional barriers, identifying quality, budget, and timeline impacts, and developing possible solutions with appropriate input and collaboration
- Identifies and documents changes in scope or workplan and alerts appropriate staff if funder follow-up is needed.
- Resolves executional issues, ensuring appropriate team communication and escalation as warranted.
- Remains in communication with department and project leads to anticipate the need for flexibility and helps others adjust their priorities and activities to meet the needs of the situation.
- Responsible for full project team time-tracking compliance and collaborating with senior team members to leverage time-tracking systems for analysis