New York, NY
The Research Assistant will manage enrollment of consenting study participants in an educational trial in a Veterans Administration setting. The Research Assistant will coordinate activities with the partnering VA primary care teams to ensure patient recruitment, informed consent, enrollment and completion of the research activities. Ultimately, the Research Assistant will be responsible to the Principle Investigator, working under the supervision of the Project Coordinator.
This position is required to travel to participating VA centers in New York City and Connecticut.
A successful candidate must possess a high level of judgment, collaboration, motivation, and work well in a group.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete Human Subject Research Training
- Coordinate participant recruitment, consent and enrollment in the study with local VAMC resources;
- Coordinate/schedule qualitative interviews;
- Ensure proper documentation and data collection;
- Ensure all study protocols are implemented effectively;
- Monitor participant progress and process participant remuneration for participation;
- Collaborate with local VAMC resources to address any obstacles to fieldwork implementation;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Previous experience working on clinical trials enrollment of consenting study participants.
- Experience in maintaining databases and regulatory records.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and experience with electronic data capture.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Prior experience in the Veterans Administration environment a plus.