The Senior Development Manager is responsible for the on-going growth and success of NKF’s special events and related individual giving. With the direction of the Senior Director of Development, the Senior Development Manager will lead in the planning, execution, fundraising and volunteer engagement of the Annual Authors Luncheon. In partnership with the Senior Director of Development, the Senior Development Manager will also cultivate and procure gifts from a select portfolio of individual donors and over see any donor cultivation events. Additionally, the Senior Development Manager will provide support to the three Bay Area Kidney Walks (Silicon Valley, East Bay & San Francisco). Other responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
The Senior Development Manager works closely with the Senior Director of Development to attain the income necessary to achieve the Division’s mission. This relationship should be characterized by effective communication, a positive attitude toward growth of the Foundation, and the achievement of its mission through mutual understanding of goals and development objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead staff member for special events in the region. Manages and executes the planning and development of the Annual Authors Luncheon and future special events in the region ensuring that revenue goals are met, and event expenses remain within budget.
- Manages and cultivates a select portfolio of major donors and develops and executes 2-3 donor engagement events annually in conjunction with Senior Development Director.
- Serve as senior member of the development team influencing and driving relationships and best practices to accomplish market and region financial goals.
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits and then stewards sponsors, supporters and event participants.
- Develops and executes the special event’s operational plan that includes budget, team development, corporate development, volunteer development and logistics.
- Maintains relationships with medical and corporate donors and partners.
- Identifies and activates new opportunities for sponsorship and individual funding.
- Identifies committee members and leads the effort to build stronger committees.
- Identifies and build volunteer and donor support networks.
- Manges Kidney Walk dialysis team fundraising and supports sponsorship development.
- Co-supervise the Community Outreach Assistant to execute Authors Luncheon and donor engagement event logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum three years related experience in fundraising, event management, and volunteer management; preferably with a non-profit health agency.
- Experience working with special events and social events.
- Experienced in sponsorship solicitation, major and annual giving.
- Experience working with a national walkathon preferred.
- Experience working with board members.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead and work independently and as member of a team.
- Results driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Exceptional level of customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in computer-based information systems i.e. Word, Salesforce CRM, etc.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: