New York, NY
This position is responsible for managing various aspects of the National Kidney Foundation’s interprofessional Continuing Medical Education (CME) program. He/she will ensure compliance with ACCME, ANCC, ACPE, ASWB, and CDR’s criteria and standards and manages the process for maintaining NKF’s Joint Accreditation status.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with the Professional Education Director and Senior Vice President, Scientific Operations to manage all aspects of the National Kidney Foundation Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Education (CE) programs in order to be in compliance with all ACCME/ANCC/ACPE/ASWB requirements and ensure ongoing NKF certifications for providing continuing education activities to clinicians in multiple disciplines.
- Provides oversight, orientation and training for National Headquarters and local Field staff to ensure content accuracy, program reconciliation and compliance with CME/CE regulations.
- Works with internal departments and external vendors to establish processes and timelines to maximize collaboration and program delivery.
- Interprets accreditation regulations and advises National and Field CME/CE staff and planning committees regarding new requirements and processes.
- Manages NKF’s CME and CE activities; including processes for enduring and all other live and multi-media activities and delivery methodologies for National, and local NKF programs, conferences and educational activities.
- Works in collaboration with the Scientific Activities Communication Manager to implements an overall marketing plan with the goal of identifying new promotional outlets and increasing attendance in all NKF CME programs.
- Generates ideas to increase revenue and identify cost effective implementation strategies.
- Works with Professional Membership Director to communicate professional education programs to local CNSW, CNNT, CRN chapters. This includes developing a communications plan and creating/maintaining a special “local chapter” website.
- Produces internal reports as needed.
- Performs additional duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum five (5) years previous experience in continuing medical education programming
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with medical professionals.
- Prior writing and editing experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with deadlines and time pressures.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, to set priorities and to multitask.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, especially executive level volunteers.
- Ability to think quickly and follow through accordingly.
- Excellent computer skills – computer literate in Word Perfect and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Familiarity with Salesforce and EthosCE a plus.
- Flexible for overnight business travel (4-6 times per year).
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: