Primary Responsibilities include developing concepts and executing on-brand designs for print and online (approximately 50% of time spent on each). Will also shoot and edit videos and take still photography.
Advocate, drive, and execute design solutions that advance our brand. Develop and maintain strong partnerships across all departments and field offices. Utilize knowledge of design and cultural trends to guide solutions ensuring we are always relevant. Manage multiple projects with critical deadlines. Works independently; prioritizing/handling many projects at one time, and collaborates in a team environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the requirements of new assignments are fully understood before starting. Attends “launch meeting” when one is scheduled.
- Suggests alterations to the requested format or recommends completely different approaches that may improve the project. Improvements include better messaging, branding, and efficiency/cost savings.
- Conceptualizes designs that best convey desired message/content while maintaining NKF branding. Presents all designs from rough layout to final to Senior Director for art direction.
- Creates wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas for web sites.
- Works within component design templates for website.
- Art directs, stages, lights, shoots and edits short video. Including adding motion graphics and audio. Short videos are used for education and marketing purposes.
- Deploys effective time management to ensure all projects are completed on time and at the best quality.
- Occasionally works on evenings and weekends to ensure a deadline is never missed.
- Performs “preflight” to ensure all files are composed correctly to print or upload without additional costs or delays due to technically file issues.
- Works independently on the customization of templated items from beginning to end. Works directly with local office staff, performs quality control, and routes designs for approval.
- Appropriately closes out projects by backing up files for future reuse.
- Reviews printers’ proofs and online mirror sites for accuracy.
- Supports freelancer designers and photographers by providing art direction, required files and backing up the final design files.
- Stays current on design trends and design software applications.
- Other duties as needed for the efficient running of the department.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university in Graphic Design, Art, or Commercial Design is required.
- Minimum 4 years professional work related experience in Graphic Design.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Mac OS. Especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premier Pro.
- Proficient in using SLR photo and video equipment including lighting, and switcher boards.
- Extremely detail oriented and able to produce files that are constructed flawlessly.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Confident and enthusiastic while presenting design concepts to senior management.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to take art direction and listen to constructive criticism.
- Strong customer relation skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office for Mac.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: