You Can Protect Your Kidneys
- Talk to your doctor about checking your blood (GFR) and urine ("ACR").
- Live a healthy lifestyle:
- Eat less salt and fat
- Lose weight if you are overweight
- Don't smoke
- Control high blood pressure, if you have it.
- Control diabetes, if you have it.
- Limit use of over-the-counter NSAID pain relievers (ibuprofen, naproxen sodium, ketoprofen).
These are some suggested places where the Your Kidneys & You presentation can be given in your community.
- Places of Employment
- Community Centers
- Civic Groups
- Kiwanis Club
- Elk Lodge
- Senior Citizen Clubs
- Church/Synagogue/House of Worship
- High Schools
- Colleges/Community Colleges/Universities
- Hospital Health Education Programs
"Your Kidneys and You" Presentation » (Coming soon)
Attend a Live Talk and Q&A » (Coming soon)
Spread the Word
Do you want to help others learn about their risk for kidney disease? Click here to see how you can help in your community.
"Your Kidneys and You" is a program designed to raise awareness among the general public of kidneys, risk factors for kidney disease, and how to protect your kidneys. This program is aligned with goal #1 of the National Kidney Foundation's strategic plan: Raise awareness of the kidney and of kidney disease to the 73 million American adults who are at-risk for kidney disease.