New York, NY (April 16, 2009) - The National Healthcare Decisions Day (NHDD) initiative challenges all Americans to share their healthcare decisions and complete an advance directive. Join the Kidney End-of-Life Coalition, and other national, state, and community organizations, on April 16, 2009, to ensure that all adults with decision-making capacity in the United States have the information and opportunity to communicate and document their healthcare wishes.
To learn more about NHDD, visit www.nationalhealthcaredecisionsday.org.
Additional NHDD resources include:
- NHDD Event Poster Template
- NHDD Case Statement
- Community outreach resources
- Advance directive resources
- "National Healthcare Decisions Day 2008: The Law, The Talk and The Care" Webinar (2008) [password: mwmedia]
Visit the Kidney End-of-Life Coalition website at http://www.kidneyeol.org for more information about Advance Care Planning.
Related Advance Care Planning resources found on the Kidney End-of-Life Coalition website include:
- Advance Care Planning Model Policy
- Free state-specific advance directive documents and instructions
- The POLST Form
- Advance Care Planning Brochure
It is encouraged to use these resources to help make sure that your facility is in compliance with the new Conditions for Coverage.
The National Kidney Foundation has advanced directives resources for patients and professionals at www.kidney.org.