Learn the basics!
- Dietary Guidelines for Adults Starting on Hemodialysis
- Nutrition and Hemodialysis
- Nutrition and Peritoneal Dialysis
- Good Nutrition for Chronic Kidney Disease
Most patients on dialysis need to limit the amount of sodium, potassium, and phosphorus in in their diet. Be sure to talk with your healthcare provider about your specific nutrition needs. Your needs may vary depending on the type of dialysis treatment you receive.
- Sodium and Your CKD Diet: How to Spice Up Your Cooking
- Phosphorus and Your CKD Diet
- Potassium and Your CKD Diet
Here are some additional resources to help you stay healthy with kidney disease through your diet:
- Dining Out With Confidence
- Use of Herbal Supplements in Kidney Disease
- Vitamins and Minerals in Kidney Disease
- What You Should Know About Good Nutrition
- Your Guide to the New Food Label
- Spice Up Your Diet
- Emergency Meal Planning
- Emergency Meal Planning For Diabetics
- Food Safety is a Must!
- Cookbooks for Kidney Patients
- Dairy and Our Kidneys