The Patient and Family Council (PFC) was founded in 1995 by the National Kidney Foundation (NKF), for people on dialysis and their families. Join NKF and your peers on dialysis to improve patient care and quality of life on dialysis as well as weigh in on issues affecting patients like you!
PFC serves to strengthen patient and family involvement in all National Kidney Foundation activities and guides the Foundation's work in accomplishing its ultimate goal...the total eradication of all diseases of the kidney and urinary tract.
- Education -- to educate and empower individuals on dialysis and their families to make informed decisions about their care and to live well on dialysis.
- Legislation -- to provide a stronger and more unified voice on local and national legislative issues.
- Advocacy -- to provide a unified voice for patients and families to express concerns and identify problems people on dialysis face.
- Programs and Services -- to provide programs and services that meet the needs of people living with kidney disease or those at risk.
- Communication -- to increase communication between council members and the NKF on both a local and national level.
- Awareness -- to provide education and rasie awareness about kidney disease and treatment options.
Membership Benefits Include
- Subscription to Kidney Living, a quarterly magazine for people on dialysis and their families
- 20% Discount on NKF Store
- With email, you’ll also be part of our electronic Advocacy Action Center where you lend your voice to legislative and public policy issues affecting the chronic kidney disease, transplant and donor communities.
- Information on local events in your area
- Access to webinars on issues affecting kidney patients, transplant recipients, and living donors. Including policy issues, new programs, research, and educational information.