The Council of Advanced Practitioners (CAP) has established the Tim Poole Memorial Award in honor of Tim Poole, PA-C, who passed away in 2008. Tim was an exceptional clinician and incredible human being who dedicated his life to the care and well-being of chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients and their families. Tim was responsible for establishing the first CKD clinic at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, TX, to improve the quality of care for underserved populations with kidney disease. He was a tireless worker for his patients, a KEEP volunteer and the designer of a unique CKD website for patients and physicians. He trained two generations of Advanced Practitioners at Parkland. He was always one to seek more knowledge and insight. He participated in a number of research studies, sharing his findings at national meetings, and publishing in national renal journals. His supervising physician described him as "a model physician assistant and a compassionate, nurturing and caring human being who served his fellow man with dedication, dignity and honor."
The Tim Poole Memorial Award will be given to a CAP member who follows in Tim's footsteps and demonstrates the qualities that made him so outstanding. Advanced Practitioners (NPs, PAs, CNSs and PharmDs) nominated for the award will have demonstrated outstanding dedication to their profession in at least two of the following areas:
- Distinguishing him/herself in nephrology clinical practice, education, research or healthcare management
- Providing leadership in nephrology in clinical practice or health care
- Committing time and effort as a nephrology professional to an organization supporting kidney disease
- Demonstrating a commitment to lifelong learning in the field of nephrology
- Participating in community service related to advancing education or providing healthcare for people with kidney disease.
Eligibility & Nomination
- All members in good standing of CAP are eligible for nomination.
- A nomination will be based on the submission of a short nomination form (to be completed by the person making the nomination) and a follow-up questionnaire (to be completed by the nominee)
- The forms should be submitted to CAP’s Awards Chair:
Ph: (205) 934-5944
Nomination Form: Download
Nomination Questionnaire: Download
The recipient will be announced on the NKF web site and presented with the award at the CAP Luncheon during the annual National Kidney Foundation Spring Clinical Meetings, as well as receive a $500 travel grant to attend the Spring Clinical Meetings. The recipient will also receive a plaque and a personalized letter from NKF-CAP recognizing their achievement.
The deadline for 2015-2016 nominations has passed.