Purpose, Mission Statement, Goals
National NKF-CRN Goals
- Promote and encourage quality nutrition care of all patients with CKD
- Support the profession of the renal dietitian and promote professional education
- Develop and promote patient and public education
- Stimulate, support, encourage and disseminate nutrition-related research
- Impact regulatory and legislative issues
- Maintain and increase Council membership
- Maintain fiscal accountability within the NKF structure in support of CRN goals.
CRN of New England Mission Statement and Goals
Council on Renal Nutrition of New England (CRNNE) is a community of nutritional professionals affiliated with the Council on Renal Nutrition. Our commitment is to promote
- knowledge of renal nutrition
- professional growth of renal practitioners
- the improvement of care for all people with renal disease
- policies of the Council on Renal Nutrition
We work to fulfill our commitment by:
- Promoting standards of practice for dietitians caring for people with renal impairment or failure in order to advance continuity of care.
- Acting as an advisory council to the National Kidney Foundation serving the New England area on issues concerning renal nutrition.
- Developing and promoting continuing education programs that will further the education of dietitians, physicians, social workers, and other interested health professionals, providing information on the nutritional aspects of renal disease, dialysis, transplantation, and other related disorders.
- Establishing and promoting good nutritional care for patients through liaison with the community, professionals, as well as other organizations.