In Memory of Susan C. Knapp, MS, RD, CSR, LD
The purpose of this annual award is to recognize a Renal Dietitian who is an active NKF-CRN member, currently working in the field of Nephrology, who has demonstrated exceptional contributions to the field of renal nutrition, specifically as it pertains to education.
Susan was passionate about teaching and never passed up an opportunity to share her knowledge with others. Her contributions included education for the American Association of Kidney Patients, Mentoring Workshops for ESRD Network 13 and many presentations to the Oklahoma CRN, the Oklahoma Transplant and Renal Dialysis Support Group as well as the Texas NKF affiliate. Susan served as a mentor (or preceptor) to many dietetic interns over the years.
This national award will be based on achievements in any one or more of the following areas:
- Serving as a preceptor to dietetic interns and/or current faculty member;
- Education of peers or train-the-trainer related activities
- Education of other healthcare professionals
- Community outreach education to include patient, family education
- Mentoring new renal dietitians
The CRN Executive Committee and Region Representatives can make recommendations. Additionally, any CRN member, through communication with their Region Representative can submit recommendations. The selection committee will exist of 7 individuals: CRN Chair, Awards Chair and one contact from each region to be determined.
- Candidates of the award will be nominated.
- Submission requirements include one letter of recommendation, personal contribution from applicant and curriculum vitae.
- Letter of recommendation should clearly demonstrate teaching and other related activities.
- Be a current member of NKF/CRN (national level).
Recognition at NKF Clinical Meeting CRN Luncheon with a plaque.