Your donation dollar is well-spent with the National Kidney Foundation. More than 78 cents of every dollar goes directly to vital programs and services, including:
- Patient and Community Services for early detection screenings and to support patients and families whose lives are changed forever by kidney disease.
- Public Education Initiatives to heighten awareness of the importance of early detection and the desperate need for organ donation.
- Professional Education Programs to ensure kidney doctors and other health care professionals never stop learning the latest in kidney disease clinical treatment.
- Kidney Research to identify new treatments.
- Patient Advocacy to make patients’ voices heard through legislative action and public policy
Here are some examples of ways that your donation, whether large or small, makes a big impact at the National Kidney Foundation.
|$10||Covers the cost of a blood test to help one person find out if he or she has kidney disease.|
Offers patients and families 15 minutes of free, personalized attention through the NKF Cares helpline which provides trained professionals to answer kidney related questions and concerns.
|$25||Enables a kidney patient to link up with a peer mentor. Connects someone who needs support with someone who has personally experienced kidney disease. Helps people adjust to living with chronic kidney disease, kidney failure, or a kidney transplant.|
|$40||Covers the cost of 50 educational brochures on kidney disease so that patients and families can better understand CKD and find out about next steps to take once diagnosed.|
|$125||Sponsors an educational program on kidney disease for patients and their families.|
|$200||Provides comprehensive health screening, physician consultation and follow-up support for one person at risk of developing chronic kidney disease.|
|$250||Covers the cost of a device to measure blood pressure to help NKF screen those at risk for developing kidney disease. High blood pressure is one of the leading causes of chronic kidney disease.|
|$300||Provides a travel grant for a nurse, dietitian, social worker or technician to attend the NKF’s major annual scientific conference.|
|$400||Provides comprehensive health screening, physician consultation and follow-up support for two people at risk of developing chronic kidney disease.|
|$500||Enables a kidney patient, transplant recipient, living donor or family member to meet with lawmakers in the Capitol to advocate for kidney related legislation and to ensure the voices of kidney patients are heard.|
|$600||Provides comprehensive health screening, physician consultation and follow-up support for three people at risk of developing chronic kidney disease.|
|$1,000||Provides comprehensive health screening, physician consultation and follow-up support for five people at risk of developing chronic kidney disease.|