Thank you for your interest in volunteering your time, talent and expertise with NKF. You're already on
your way to making a measurable impact in the kidney community!
Please take a moment to provide us with some information about you, your volunteer interests and availability. Once the form has been submitted, a member of our team will be in touch shortly to get you started on your path of service with NKF.
Your Kidneys and You Facilitator
Dates: Nov 20, 2020 - Nov 20, 2021
You can support NKF's kidney health awareness efforts through Your Kidneys and You (YK&Y), a signature program where volunteers are trained to help educate local communities through an in-person or web-based PowerPoint presentation. Put your public speaking skills to use and help us to engage with the public and those at-risk.
As an NKF volunteer, the Volunteer Presenter for the Your Kidneys and You (YK&Y) program will act as an ambassador of our mission and represent the organization with professionalism and compassion for the public and those we serve. The Volunteer Presenter will deliver the Your Kidneys and You presentation in communities.
• Attend a volunteer training.
• Read the Volunteer Guide for the program.
• Identify and contact groups in your community to request an opportunity to present Your Kidneys and You (suggested goal: 25 or more individuals per year).
• Inform NKF of date, time and location for each scheduled Your Kidneys and You presentation.
• Accept Your Kidneys and You presentation requests from the NKF and community groups on a schedule that is conducive to all parties.
• Ask attendees to print their name and contact information on the sign-in sheet (if done in person).
• Ask the attendees to complete the Participant Evaluation form at the end of the presentation. (There will be a link for the evaluation for virtual presentations)
• Collect completed Participant Evaluations from participants. Count the total number of attendees and the total number of completed participant evaluations and record these numbers on the Presenter Feedback Form. Complete the Presenter Feedback Form and return to NKF with Participant Evaluations.
• Return any unused materials to NKF, unless you are able to use them for your next scheduled Your Kidneys and You presentation.
• Share the Your Kidneys and You video through email and social media.
NKF Serving Kansas, Oklahoma, and Western Missouri