CNNT Position Description & Requirements
The Chair position is a 2-year committment: on year as Chair, and one year as Immediate Past Chair. Must have served on the CNNT Executive Committee previously.
- Functions as a liaison between CNNT, NKF officers and staff, NKF committees, and other organizations and groups.
- Coordinates planning for CNNT Executive Committee meetings. Leads all CNNT Executive Committee meetings including creating agendas, documenting meeting minutes and distribution of the minutes to the members of the council.
- Reviews roles and responsibilities of each office with new members at the time of the annual council meeting.
- Coordinates activities within the CNNT Executive Committee, works with and provides consultation to the NKF and appoints ad hoc committees as appropriate.
- Monitors progress of Executive Committee programs, projects, and committees. Also monitors the accountability of Executive Committee members.
- Communicates with the Council membership through Renalink, at Council business meetings; maintains contact with Chapter Chairs through participation in Chapter Chair and membership listservs; and reports to NKF Councils, officers, and others of the NKF as required.
- Delivers a presentation at the CNNT membership luncheon at the spring clinical meeting to review the activities of the year.
The Chair-Elect position is a 3-year committment: one year as Chair-Elect, one year as Chair, and one year as Immediate Past Chair. Must have served on the CNNT Executive Committee previously.
As Chair-Elect, duties include serving on the Awards, Membership and Clinical Meeting Committees during the first year, assuming the Chair position in the event of a vacancy, other duties as assigned. During this first year, the Chair-Elect will receive orientation to the Chair duties.
The Chair presides over all CNNT Executive Committee meetings and coordinates the Executive Committee members to accomplish the goals of the NKF and the Council. In addition, the Chair coordinates the Directors-at-Large, and appoints Executive Committee members to select positions as needed.
Following the two years as Chair-Elect and Chair, the Immediate Past Chair will lead the following committees: Nominations, Research Grant, Elections and Bylaws and will serve as a mentor for the Chair.
Director-at-Large (3 open positions)
The Director-at-Large shall serve on committees within the Council as assigned by the Chair to promote the goals of the Council, serve on committees of the National Kidney Foundation as appointed by the Chair, and be responsible for communication, awards, nominations, education, research and community/patient services.
The term of office is two (2) years.