- Mission Statement
- Strategic Goals
- Executive Committee
- What your officers can do for you
- Membership Information
The Council of Nephrology Nurses and Technicians (CNNT) functions as a professional membership council within the framework of the National Kidney Foundation (NKF) in the development of health policies that impact the delivery of patient care and professional practice. CNNT supports the mission of the NKF to improve the health and well being of individuals affected with chronic kidney disease through research, patient services, national organ donor programs, and public education. CNNT advocates and contributes to the professional development of members through education, networking and dissemination of information related to professional practice and quality of care.
- Act as an advisory board to the National Kidney Foundation on issues relating to nursing and technical roles in providing patient care.
- Promote, conduct, and evaluate community and patient educational services.
- Provide nurses and technicians with educational opportunities related to the goals of the Council.
- Collaborate with other bodies within the National Kidney Foundation regarding local and federal legislation affecting nurses, technicians and the care of patients with kidney and urological diseases.
- Promote the development of clinical or research traineeships in nephrology nursing and technology.
- Promote and participate in the establishment of public services projects directed to prevention and detection of kidney and/or related diseases and care of the persons with kidney and/or related diseases.
- Enhance multidisciplinary professional relationships for the advancement of patient care.
The Executive Committee meets annually, as well as through peridoic conference calls, to set CNNT goals and to conduct the Council's business. Executive Committee meetings are held during the NKF Spring Clinical Meetings each spring. The CNNT National Membership elects most of the members of the Executive Committee. Committee members also serve on various ad hoc committees to develop special projects and position papers to further the goals, priorities, and interests of CNNT.
The Executive Committee members are listed below. Please feel free to contact any member of the Executive Committee to provide your ideas, to volunteer for a special project, or whenever you need additional information.
|CHAIR: Melinda Martin-Lester, RN, BA, CNN
|Chair-Elect||Jo Ann Otts, DNP, RN, NEA-BC
|Immediate Past Chair||Kim Deaver, RN, MSN, CNN
|SCM Program Chair||Marianne Neumann, RN, CNN, FNKF
|SCM Program Co-Chair||Mary Lincoln, RN, BSN, MHA
|Susan Novak, BS, CHT
|Kate Kern, RN, CNN, BSN
|Laura Willis, MSN, RN, CDN
|Sheila Deziel, MSN, RN, CNN, FNKF
|Publications Chair||Amy Proctor, RN, CDN