- Mission Statement
- Strategic Goals
- Executive Committee
- Regional Representatives
- What your officers can do for you
The Council of Nephrology Nurses and Technicians (CNNT) functions as a professional membership council within the framework of the National Kidney Foundation (NKF) in the development of health policies that impact the delivery of patient care and professional practice. CNNT supports the mission of the NKF to improve the health and well being of individuals affected with chronic kidney disease through research, patient services, national organ donor programs, and public education. CNNT advocates and contributes to the professional development of members through education, networking and dissemination of information related to professional practice and quality of care.
- Act as an advisory board to the National Kidney Foundation on issues relating to nursing and technical roles in providing patient care.
- Promote, conduct, and evaluate community and patient educational services.
- Provide nurses and technicians with educational opportunities related to the goals of the Council.
- Collaborate with other bodies within the National Kidney Foundation regarding local and federal legislation affecting nurses, technicians and the care of patients with kidney and urological diseases.
- Promote the development of clinical or research traineeships in nephrology nursing and technology.
- Promote and participate in the establishment of public services projects directed to prevention and detection of kidney and/or related diseases and care of the persons with kidney and/or related diseases.
- Enhance multidisciplinary professional relationships for the advancement of patient care.
The CNNT Executive Committee is composed of thirteen members:
- Immediate Past Chair, Membership Chair
- Publications Chair and Co-Chair
- Clinical Nephrology Program Chair and Co-Chair
- Cybernephrology Chair
- Regional Vice Chairs of the five National Kidney Foundation Regions
The Executive Committee meets twice a year to set CNNT goals and to conduct the Council's business. Executive Committee meetings are held during the NKF Clinical Nephrology Meeting in the spring and one additional time in the year. The additional meeting is coordinated with the NKF Board. The CNNT National Membership elects most of the members of the Executive Committee. Committee members also serve on various ad hoc committees to develop special projects and position papers to further the goals, priorities, and interests of CNNT.
The Executive Committee members are listed below. Please feel free to contact your Region Representative or any other Executive Committee member at any time to provide us with your ideas, to volunteer for a special project, or whenever you need additional information. There are five CNNT Regions. Determine your region representative.
The effectiveness of the Executive Committee is directly related to knowing and responding to the needs of Local Chapters and Members.
Catherine A. Firanek, BSN, MBA
|Chair-Elect||Mary Lincoln, RN, BSN, MHA
|Immediate Past Chair||Deborah Cote, RN, MSN, CNN
|Region I Representative||Marianne Neumann, RN, CNN
|Region II Representative
SCM15 Program Chair
|Kim Deaver, RN, BSN, CNN
|Region III Representative||Patricia Vaughan, BSN, RN, CNN
|Region IV Representative||Amalia Finney, CHHT
|Region V Representative||Melinda Martin-Lester, RN, BA, CNN
|Publications Chair||Danilo B. Concepcion, CBNT, CCHT-A
|SCM16 Program Co-Chair||Amy Proctor, RN
|SCM16 Program Co-Chair||Kathy Houle, NP
|NATIONAL STAFF:||Jessica Joseph, MBA
Vice President, Scientific Activities
National Kidney Foundation
30 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016-5337
Ph: (800) 622-9010 x247
Fax: (212) 689-9261