Garabed Eknoyan Award
Cynthia Delgado, MD
San Francisco Veterans Affairs Healthcare System & University of California, San Francisco
The Garabed Eknoyan Award was created to recognize an individual who has promoted the mission of the National Kidney Foundation in Making Lives Better for people with kidney disease through exceptional contributions to key initiatives of NKF such as the Kidney Disease Outcomes Quality Initiative (KDOQI®) or clinical research in the field of kidney disease.
Cynthia Delgado MD, is a Professor of Medicine with the San Francisco Veterans Affairs Healthcare System (SFVAHS) and University of California, San Francisco. She is the Associate Chief of Nephrology for clinical operations and the Director of the Dialysis Program for San Francisco Veterans Affairs Healthcare System. She is the Chair of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee for the American Society of Nephrology and served as the co-chair of the NKF-ASN Task Force on Reassessing the Inclusion of Race in Diagnosing Kidney Disease. She is a recognized international expert on functional status, frailty, body composition, quality of life and related outcomes among individuals with chronic kidney disease.
View press release here.
Dr. Delgado is a recognized international expert on functional status, frailty, body composition, quality of life and related outcomes among individuals with chronic kidney disease.
Past Garabed Eknoyan Award Recipients:
- 2022: Bernard Jaar, MD, MPH
- 2021: Jessica Joseph, MBA
- 2020: Kerry Willis, PhD
- 2019: Charmaine Lok, MD, MSc, FRCPC
- 2018: Lesley A. Inker, MD, MS, FRCPC
- 2017: Katherine R. Tuttle, MD, FASN, FACP
- 2016: Holly Kramer, MD, MPH
- 2015: Michael J. Choi, MD, FNKF
- 2014: Katrin Uhlig, MS, MS
- 2013: Michael V. Rocco, MD, MSCE, FNKF
- 2012: Bryan Becker, MD, MMM, FACP, FNKF
- 2011: Kai-Uwe Eckhardt, MD
- 2010: Josef Coresh, MD
- 2009: Sharon M. Moe, MD
- 2008: Adeera Levin, MD, FRCPC
- 2007: Norbert H. Lameire, MD
- 2006: Francesco Locatelli, MD, FRCBP
- 2005: Nathan W. Levin, MD, FACP
- 2004: Neil R. Powe, MD, MPH, MBA
- 2003: Bertram L. Kasiske, MD
- 2002: Andrew S. Levey, MD