Yes, it has hospital-grade ventilation systems.
The Hynes Convention Center has the ability to improve airflow through the use of its robust HVAC system capabilities. The ventilation system at the Hynes was converted to a Merv 13 filtration.
Hynes Convention Center follows the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) for HVAC usage, including:
- Increasing air exchanges to maximum mechanical capabilities
- Maximizing outside air supply through units
- Increasing exhaust air to the atmosphere
- Utilizing the highest rated Merv Factor Filter
- Extending hours of operations to garner increased volumes