Recognized Renal Dietitian Award
June M. Thompson, MS, RD, LDN, FAND
Renal Dietitian, Fresenius Kidney Care
June M. Thompson, MS., RD., LDN., FAND is a Renal Dietitian with Fresenius Kidney Care for the past 34 years and also a consultant for Family Affair Care Group, Inc which provides service to adults with intellectual disabilities.
During her career, Mrs. Thompson has taught a variety of classes in nutrition at N. C. A&T State University (it should be noted that Mrs. Thompson is a proud alumna of N.C. A&T State University, having obtained her Bachelors in Home Economics with a specialty in Clinical Nutrition in 1979, and a Master’s in foods and nutrition in 1984, respectively).
Mrs. Thompson is a member of both the National Kidney Foundation (NKF) and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND). She has served as the previous chair (2022 – 2023) of the National Organization Of Blacks In Dietetics And Nutrition (NOBIDAN) and continues to serve as a consultant to the current chair. She is also very involved with the North Carolina Counsel of Renal Nutrition. She served as Chair for 2 terms and is also very involved with other local and community organization.
In her personal life, she has been married to Tony L. Thompson for 41 years. They are the proud parents of two adult children, Kenya Danielle and Tony Lee II. She is a lifelong resident of Greensboro, NC and is a proud North Carolinian.
Mrs. Thompson is a member of both the National Kidney Foundation (NKF) and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND).
Past Recognized Renal Dietitian Award Recipients:
- 2022: Kristen Nonahal, RDN, FNKF
- 2021: Christine Benedetti, MS, RDN, CSR, LD, FNKF
- 2020: Jessianna Saville, MS, RDN, CSR, LD, CLT
- 2019: Haewook Han, PhD, RD, CSR, LDN, FNKF
- 2018: Brenda Murphy, RD
- 2017: Lesley McPhatter, MS, RD, CSR
- 2014: Catherine Goeddeke-Merickel, MS, RDN, LD
- 2012: Chhaya Patel, MA, RD, CSR
- 2011: Louise Clemen, MS, RD, CSR, LD
- 2010: Donna Secker, PhD, RD, FDC
- 2009: Deborah Benner, MA, RD, CSR
- 2008: Marianne Vennegoor, RD, HPC
- 2007: Karen Wiesen, MS, RD, LD