Live-Virtual NKF 2020 Spring Clinical Meetings (SCM20)
Due to the coronavirus and coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak in the United States, we are moving the Spring Clinical Meeting program from a live in-person event to a live online event only (there will be no live meeting in New Orleans). Anyone can participate virtually, but you must be registered for the NKF 2020 Spring Clinical Meetings to receive CME/CE credit.
What does this mean?
- All general sessions and originally scheduled “lunch” workshops will now take place online and live using Zoom Webinars (note: the times listed in the program are in Central Time).
- All sessions will also be recorded and posted for on-demand learning through April 29, 2020.
- Pre-conference courses will be pre-recorded and packaged on NKF’s Professional Education Resource Center (PERC). More information to follow.
How it Works
- By Thursday, March 19, links will be added to the program schedule on the SCM20 website and SCM20 mobile app for each session.
- Choose the session(s) you wish to attend from the comfort of your home or office and register/join the webinar
- Add the reminder and login instructions to your calendar so you don’t forget!
What Do You Need to Participate?
- A computer (preferred), tablet or smartphone
- Internet connection
- Speakers or a phone
NKF has established an online system for tracking your CME/CE credits. Upon completion of each activity, attendance will automatically be recorded. When signing into the Zoom Webinars, be sure to sign in using the same email address you used to register for the conference.
CME and CE credit information will be uploaded to a website for easy viewing after the conference. You will be able to print a certificate of attendance at your own convenience without any hassle.
Please Note: Attendees are welcome to participate in any session. However, credits will only be awarded for the sessions that have been approved by your discipline’s accrediting agency.
Evaluations & Pre/Post-Tests
- Please be sure you complete the session evaluations through the conference mobile app (link will be provided as soon as the app is live).
- Attention Physicians & Pharmacists: Sessions accredited for pharmacists and ABIM MOC points require pre- and post-tests along with the evaluations. Login through the app or on your desktop to complete these in advance so you are ready to learn! The mobile app will go live on Wednesday, March 18th.
Virtual Poster Presenters
- E-posters will still be judged, and prizes will be awarded to the top 5 poster presenters
- Please be sure to upload your e-poster using the instructions sent to you on March 12. Attendees will be able to view your abstract and e-poster through the online poster gallery and the SCM20 mobile app.
- Click here to access the SCM20 abstracts and e-poster gallery.
- Engage with poster authors through the app for a chance to win complimentary registration, airfare and 4 nights hotel to the NKF 2021 Spring Clinical Meetings in Orlando. More information to come!