Each year the Council of Nephrology Social Workers recognizes up to three members who have made outstanding contributions to CNSW and to nephrology social work on the local, state and regional levels. CNSW chapters are asked to nominate a Chapter member who has demonstrated dedication through professional leadership, involvement in CNSW Chapter and community activities, writing, research, etc. Merit Award recipients will be determined by CNSW Executive Committee vote, and awards will be presented at the annual CNSW meeting. Eligibility for Merit Awards has been extended to colleagues who have left the field of nephrology social work. These individuals must be nominated by a CNSW Chapter within 12 months since the last Merit Award was given. (Example: If a worker left the field in July 2011, nominations had already been submitted for 2011; therefore, he/she would be eligible to be nominated for the award to be given in May 2012, twelve months after the last award was given.)
- Social workers nominated should demonstrate an active furthering of CNSW goals through participation in Chapter and/or national projects, committees, workshops, etc.
- The contributions of a nominee should be demonstrated over a period of time, rather than an isolated activity.
- Attention should be given to contributions that have enhanced services to patients and/or the nephrology social work profession.
- The nominee must be an MSW, licensed in their state if applicable (per Federal Regulations), a member of national CNSW and actively involved in some aspect of renal social work.
- Nominations should be submitted by a CNSW Chapter rather than an individual. Where no Chapter exists, the nominations should be submitted by two nephrology social workers.
- Only one nomination for the Merit Award will be accepted per CNSW Chapter each year.
- Nominations must be submitted in writing in the required format to the Immediate Past Chair by August 15. No late nominations will be accepted.
- Nominations will be distributed to the CNSW Executive Committee for voting. Awards will be given to the individual(s) receiving a majority of Executive Committee members' votes.
Nomination Form (27kb download)
You can print it out and fill it out by hand and send it to the address listed.