- Advocate for the profession of renal social work.
- Advocate for continuing education of renal social workers.
- Improve the lives of those with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) by advocating for legislation and resources pertinent to the renal community.
- Promote high ethical standards in the delivery of renal social work services.
- Provide ongoing support and education to those with CKD.
Mission Statement and Goals:
CNSW of Eastern Missouri & Metro East is an organization of Nephrology Social Workers serving Eastern Missouri and Western Illinois' CKD clinics, dialysis facilities and kidney transplant centers.
The Council was organized to provide and enhance communication between Nephrology Social Workers. We focus on shared values, ideas and information. We work towards the goal of increasing our knowledge base and skills to provide optimal social work services for the renal community.
We enhance Nephrology Social Work practice by:
- Sharing information
- Providing educational opportunities
- Supporting the National Kidney Foundation at local and national levels.
- Keeping current on legislative, statistical, resource, and insurance information pertinent to the renal community.
- Rewarding, supporting and acknowledging CNSW members.