Coronavirus: Travel and Tips
In light of the rapidly-changing news around Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), we understand that some attendees may have concerns about traveling to and attending the conference. We are closely monitoring the situation and following all CDC recommendations. We are also working with the conference venue to take appropriate action to provide a healthy conference environment.
If you are traveling to SCM20 from a country that has had a government travel ban imposed, then NKF will provide you with a refund on your registration. All other registrants should be aware of the following important dates:
For more information, please visit the CDC website on COVID-19
Tips for a Healthier Conference
Please help us make SCM20 a healthier conference for everyone by keeping a few of the following tips in mind:
- Skip the handshake: Try an elbow bump, head nod, or air fist bump.
- Wash hands frequently: Use soap and warm water. If a sink is not immediately available, look for a hand sanitizing station.
- Avoid touching your face: This includes your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cough or sneeze into an elbow or disposable tissue: But really, if you are not feeling well (including have a fever, cough, and/or sneezing), avoid coming in contact with people or coming to talks. And please seek medical care or help from a conference organizer if needed.
- Avoid touching surfaces unnecessarily: Think about using your knuckles instead of your fingertips for pushing buttons and user paper towels or tissue for opening doors after washing your hands.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to the conference personnel on site. Our meeting team is working hard to keep the conference space clean and healthy. We appreciate your help and hope you have a wonderful meeting!