In 2020, NKF launched the Coalition for Kidney Health, a multi-stakeholder group of partners working to transform the landscape of chronic kidney disease (CKD) by:
- Generating awareness of CKD;
- Increasing screening of at-risk patients;
- Driving forward high-quality, coordinated care focused on delaying CKD progression.
- CKD quality measurement including advocacy for the Kidney Health Evaluation Measure
- Development of a national public health strategy for kidney disease
- CKD screening recommendations
- Improve equity in CKD public health and health care
- CVS Health
- Optum Labs
- American Heart Association
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Voice of the Patient
- Strive Health
- American Society of Nephrology
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Travere Therapeutics
April 2021 — C4KH submitted a letter to Congress in support of increased funding to NIH and CDC to fight kidney disease.
December 2020 — C4KH sent a letter to the US Preventive Services Task Force in support of a chronic kidney disease screening recommendation.
Please contact Miriam Godwin at Miriam.firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in membership.