Coalition for Kidney Health
In 2020, NKF launched the Coalition for Kidney Health, a multi-stakeholder group of partners working to transform the landscape of chronic kidney disease (CKD) by:
- Generating awareness of CKD;
- Increasing screening of at-risk patients;
- Driving forward high-quality, coordinated care focused on delaying CKD progression.
- CKD quality measurement including advocacy for the Kidney Health Evaluation Measure
- Development of a national public health strategy for kidney disease
- CKD screening recommendations
- Improve equity in CKD public health and health care
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American Heart Association
- American Society of Nephrology
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Elevance Health
- National Kidney Foundation
- Optum Labs
- Renal Physicians Association
- Travere Therapeutics
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Voice of the Patient
September 2023 - Proposed edits to the United States Preventive Services Task Force CKD Research Plan emphasizing the need to appropriately target limited healthcare resources where they'll have the greatest effect.
September 2023 - Comment letter on CY 2024 Physician Fee Schedule highlighting opportunities to improve kidney disease awareness, diagnosis, and management.
July 2023 - Comment letter to HHS Secretary and CMS Administrator on importance of ensuring access to Medicaid services for CKD patients.
March 2023 - Appropriations letter to House Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies FY 2024 appropriations bill.
February 2023 - Comment letter on USPSTF CKD screening draft research plan.
Please contact Ignacio Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in membership.