By attending or organizing this event and signing this form, I expressly warrant that:
- I will indemnify and hold the National Kidney Foundation (NKF) harmless from any and all claims of any kind or nature whatsoever arising out of, or in any way related to, this fundraising initiative.
- I acknowledge an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, people with underlying medical conditions and older adults are especially vulnerable.
- I will indemnify and hold the NKF harmless from any and all claims of any kind or nature whatsoever arising out of, or in any way related to an alleged exposure to, or contracting of, COVID-19 by any attendee who alleges such exposure or illness during or after the Event.
- I voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- If applicable, I also give permission for the free use of my name and picture in any media or other account of these events.
In consideration for being permitted to organize or participate in this event, I, the undersigned, waive and release NKF and its directors, officers, administrators, representatives and executors, employees, volunteers, agents, supervisors (collectively, the “Releasees”), from any and all claims, liabilities, or causes of action arising out of an injury to me, loss articles, loss of articles in car, car damage and car theft and from any and all claims, liabilities, or causes of action arising from my participation or attendance in this event. I voluntarily agree for myself, my family, heirs, assignees the following:
- To assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, or personal injury, including death that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of participating in the event, including getting sick with COVID‐19 or any other communicable diseases.
- To release, waive, hold harmless, discharge, and covenant not to sue the Releasees from any and all liability, claims, actions, demands, expenses, attorney fees, breach of contract actions, breach of statutory duty or other duty of care, warranty, strict liability actions, and causes of action whatsoever, that I might have or may acquire in the future, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, while participating in the Event including, but not limited to, any claim that the act or omission complained of was in whole or in part by the negligence or carelessness of the Releasees.