About This Event
Join us the second Tuesday of every month at 6:00pm for a free, virtual, patient-centered talk. Learn more about navigating kidney disease from experts in the field, while connecting with a network of kidney patients and caregivers.
- April 12: Financial Assistance for Patients Register
- Explore the various financial assistance options available to kidney patients.
- May 10: Communicating Your Diagnosis & More Register
- Learn how to communicate your diagnosis with others, educate others on what you need, and tips from other patients.
- June 14: Kidney Transplant FAQs Register
- Learn more about the transplant process and get your questions answered. Perfect for patients and potential donors.
- July 12: Care Partner Experience: Caring for Yourself and a Loved One with Kidney Disease Register
- Learn more about ways to support yourself as a care partner, while supporting the needs of your loved one.
- August 9: Information for Newly Diagnosed Patients Register
- No matter what stage of diagnosis, join us for an overview of what to expect in each stage, ways to slow progression, options for dialysis, and resources for patients.
- September 13: Navigating the DASH Diet Register
- A kidney-friendly diet isn't easy. Talk with a nutritionist to learn how to navigate the DASH diet in a practical way.
- October 11: Navigating Dialysis Register
- Whether you are new to dialysis or been receiving treatments for years, come learn about the different dialysis types available to patients, and how to navigate transportation, special diets, and post-dialysis symptoms.
- November 8: Depression & Kidney Disease Register
- Living with chronic illness is very isolating. Discuss strategies to help cope with depressive thoughts and feelings.
- December 13: Becoming a Kidney Advocate Register
- Find your kidney voice! Learn how to advocate for yourself, or on behalf of your favorite kidney patient. Plus, learn about exciting opportunities through NKF to advocate at the local, state and national level.
Special thanks for Horizon Therapeutics for making the Patient Talk Tuesdays Series possible.