Creatinine-based “Bedside Schwartz” equation (2009)
Cystatin C-based equation (2012)
Creatinine-Cystatin C-based CKiD equation (2012)*mL/min/1.73 m2
- The pediatric GFR calculator is for use in children under 19 years old. For persons 19 and older, use the GFR calculator for adults.
- If values for cystatin C and/or BUN are not entered, the calculator will generate GFR estimates using the creatinine-based “Bedside Schwartz” equation only (currently considered the best method for estimating GFR in children).
- The cystatin C values are not corrected for IFCC calibration. IFCC calibrated values should be divided by 1.17 before entered as input. (Schwartz et al. Pediatr Nephrol 35:279-285, 2020).
- These equations are only valid with standardized serum creatinine methods traceable to IDMS.
- For more information about the formulas (including clinical use), see “Additional Information.”