NKF is pleased to offer this Fellowship that recognizes healthcare professionals for their educational activities and community service in promoting the mission of the National Kidney Foundation.
Individuals who have served the NKF on either a local, national, or international level are eligible to apply. All applicants must be NKF members, but no application fee is required.
Benefits of FNKF status include:
- FNKF Certificate
- Professional designation that represents outstanding community and/or educational service
- Recognition on the NKF website and at the Spring Clinical Meetings
- Recognition at various other live events
Individuals must be NKF members before applying for the FNKF. Membership status must remain current. If membership is not renewed on a yearly basis, candidates must reapply.
Individuals interested in the FNKF must maintain professional membership with the National Kidney Foundation, and also meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
1. Service to the National Kidney Foundation on a local level. This must include at least one of the following:
- Participation with NKF Affiliate/Division Community Service
- Volunteering on NKF Affiliate/Division Medical Advisory Board
- Other community service or educational activities that directly engage patients and other health providers in a greater understanding of kidney disease
- Promotion of awareness of kidney disease in the primary care field
NOTE: A brief letter from your local office outlining your involvement with NKF will be required.
2. Service to the NKF on a national or international level. This must include at least one of the following:
- Editorial Board Service:
- American Journal of Kidney Disease
- Advances in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Journal of Renal Nutrition
- Journal of Nephrology Social Work
- Committee Service:
- CME/CE Review Board
- NKF Spring Clinical Meeting Program Committee
- KDOQI Workgroup or Advisory Board
- NKF Board of Directors
- NKF Scientific Advisory Board
- KEEP Steering Committee
- CME Committee
- CE Review Committee
- Research Review Committee
- Council Executive Committee
- Involvement in other community service or educational activities that directly engage patients and other health providers in a greater understanding of kidney disease. Must have been done with NKF.
For questions about the FNKF contact FNKF@kidney.org or call 800.622.9010.