NKF-CRN requires CRN Local Chapters to complete an affiliation application every two years. Formal affiliation with the NKF-CRN is a way to strengthen Local Chapter effectiveness, expand the CRN communication network, and promote cooperation towards the common goal of quality nutrition care of patients with chronic kidney disease. NKF-CRN promotes our expertise and strives to preserve renal nutrition therapy in caring for these patients. If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact your Alternate Region Representative or Letty Moreno Brown, CRN Membership Chair.
The 2016 CRN Chapter affiliation application is open until October 15, 2016.
Guidelines for formal affiliation to NKF-CRN:
- Chapters will incorporate CRN into their title (i.e., “CRN of Anytown” or “Anytown CRN”).
- Chapter elected officers and voting members must be members of NKF-CRN. All Chapter members are encouraged to hold national NKF-CRN membership.
- Chapters have the choice of adopting and supporting the NKF-CRN Rules and Regulations or writing their own. Local Chapter Rules and Regulations must be compatible with those of the NKF-CRN.
- Chapter Rules and Regulations must be on file with its Region Representative and the CRN Membership Chair, and will be requested every six years (2012, 2018, etc.). If this is your first time affiliating or your Rules and Regulations have changed during the past two years, a copy of your Chapter's Rules and Regulations will need to be attached to your application.
- Chapters will meet at least two (2) times per year.
- Chapters will submit reports to their Alternate Region Representative four (4) times a year to be included in the RenaLink newsletter.
- Chapters will define their geographic boundaries so as not to conflict with other Chapters.
- Every two years, Chapters will complete an affiliation application with the NKF-CRN.
- In January 2011, the National Kidney Foundation developed policies and procedures for operation as an Affiliated Local Chapter of the NKF-CRN. By completing the 2014 Local Chapter Affiliation, the Chapter is also affirming it has read and accepted NKF's policies. Read the policies.