can save a life.
can save a life.
Whether you need a kidney or are considering donation, let us help you start the conversation.
Finding a Living Donor
A free, self-paced online program with tools to help you find a living kidney donor.Sign Up Today
Many people won't get a transplant simply because they don’t know how to ask. We can show you how.
Learn more about asking
Looking for a Living Donor
La Busca por un Donante Vivo
Do You Need Dialysis or a Transplant?
• Talk to someone who's been there! Speak with a trained peer mentor who will offer support and share their experiences with you. Learn more.
Becoming a Living Donor
Learn everything you need to know about donating a kidney in this free, self-paced online program.Sign Up Today
People everywhere are stepping up to help others live better lives—family, friends, even total strangers. We can show you why.
Learn more about giving
Donating a Kidney
- Living Donation: The Basics
- Who Can be a Living Donor?
- How do I Start the Process to be a Living Donor?
- Infórmate Acerca de la Donación de Riñón en Vida para Hispanos/Latinos (Learn About Living Kidney Donation for Hispanics/Latinos)
Making The Decision to Donate
- Things to Consider
- Informed Consent and Why You Need it To Become a Living Donor
- Job Security for Living Donors Guaranteed under Family and Medical Leave Act
- Financial and Insurance Issues
- Helpful Tips for Living Donors and Caregivers
- NEW! Overcoming Common Kidney Donation Myths
Incompatible Blood Types
- Resources for Potential Living Donors and Living Donors
- NKF Peers Mentoring Program - Talk with a Living Donor
- Join the NKF's Living Donor Council
- Sign-up to join NKF's Living Donor Community now!
- Donor-Recipient Pin
Have you donated a kidney and want support?
Watch these real and inspirational stories.
Individual donor or recipient experiences can vary from those presented.
Need help getting the conversation started?
Call our hotline
Or email us at
NKF Cares is a free, confidential hotline with trained professionals ready to answer your questions or concerns. Our peer-mentoring program, NKF PEERS, connects anyone affected by kidney disease with an informed and supportive mentor who has already been through the process.
It is against the law to buy or sell organs, including kidneys. If someone contacts you to buy or sell a kidney, please disregard the request.