Become a National Kidney Foundation Corporate Supporter and help the 30 million Americans with kidney disease.
- 30 million Americans have kidney disease, that’s one in seven U.S. adults, and another 20 million are at risk.
- Hispanics, African Americans, Asian Americans, and American Indians are in the highest risk group for kidney disease.
- More than 382,000 people rely on a dialysis machine for survival.
- More than 88,000 people are on a waiting list for a kidney transplant.
- Ten people die each day waiting for a transplant.
- Early detection and proper treatment can prevent or slow the progress of the disease.
The National Kidney Foundation (NKF) is looking to develop relationships with corporations and brands that are willing to work with us to promote early detection of kidney disease, improve the health and well-being of individuals and families affected by kidney disease, and increase the availability of organs for the 110,000 Americans that are waiting for a life-saving organ transplant.
Corporate sponsorship provides the opportunity for your brand to:
- Connect with people who have chronic kidney disease and those who are at risk for the disease (people with diabetes, high blood pressure or a family history of those conditions and disease), their families and the communities they live in.
- Make a positive impact in their lives.
- Raise funds to advance research for prevention and treatment of kidney disease.
- Participate in outreach and education programs around the country.
- Help close the gap that exists between the need for organs for transplantation and organ availability.
- Support advocacy efforts.
Ways to Get Involved
We invite corporate America to join our efforts in developing and implementing world class educational initiatives, programs and events. Corporate sponsorship offers a variety of ways for companies and their employees to get involved:
- Cause Marketing Partnership: From licensed products to campaigns that drive sales and brand awareness, the NKF looks forward to developing a customized and creative cause solution with your brand.
- Event Sponsorship: Support the NKF through a range of memorable events throughout the year and around the country
- NKF Konica Minolta Golf Classic – the nation’s premier amateur golf event for charity. Each year thousands of golfers from across the country participate in over 40 local events, with the top three qualified finishers invited to compete in the National Finals at Pebble Beach, CA. Learn more.
- Kidney Walk – nearly 100 walks annually present an opportunity for dialysis patients, organ transplant recipients, donor families, living donors, the medical communities, and the general public to celebrate life and support the Foundation’s mission from coast to coast. Find out how National Corporate Partners make a difference in the fight against kidney disease and learn more about the Walk.
- Kidney Early Evaluation Program (KEEP) – NKF’s celebrated free kidney health screening program is designed to raise awareness about kidney disease among high risk individuals, so that kidney disease and its complications can be prevented or delayed. Over 160,000 Americans participate in local KEEP events. Learn more.
- Patient and Professional Educational Programs: Comprehensive education for patients and healthcare professionals to prevent, identify, and treat Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), manage and prevent CKD complications, and improve patient outcomes. All programs and activities are based on scientific evidence.
- Clinical Meeting: Reach over 2,500 health care providers who attend NKF’s annual educational conference to learn new developments related to all aspects of nephrology. Learn more.
- Media Partnership: Help encourage everyone to “Love Your Kidneys” by providing pro-bono media placement for the National Kidney Foundation’s new multimedia campaign. Our “Love Your Kidneys” public education campaign is a direct call-to-action to take care of your kidneys through early intervention.
- Workplace Giving: Consider a workplace giving campaign and a matching gift program as part of your corporate philanthropy to encourage employees to make charitable contributions. Workplace giving programs increase employee satisfaction and engagement by providing an easy and efficient way to donate to their favorite charities through payroll deductions. Establishing a matching gift program further demonstrates your company's willingness to invest in the causes that matter to your employees. The NKF can also support your efforts by providing other educational services and programs to enhance your corporate culture and the health of your employees.
For more information on corporate sponsorship opportunities and how your company can help save lives right now, contact Anthony Gucciardo, Senior Vice President, Program Development at 212-889-2210 x205 or AnthonyG@kidney.org
Corporate Relations Policy
*Our editorial content is free of any sponsor influence