What is Kidney Cancer? - (Available in Spanish)
Who is at Risk? - (Available in Spanish)
How is Kidney Cancer Found? - (Available In Spanish)
Treatments for Kidney Cancer - (Available In Spanish)
Talking with Your Healthcare Professional - (Available In Spanish)
Click Here To Read NKF's Patient Brochure on Kidney Cancer - (Available In Spanish)
Kidney Cancer Facebook Live Series
- In the third of this 3 part series on kidney cancer, we'll take a look at some important things to consider after your treatment is complete.
Some important topics will include:
- What is a survivorship plan and why is it important?
- What are components of the survivorship plan: medical follow up schedule, finances/disability, fertility planning, long-term planning to prepare for cancer recurrence or secondary cancers
- What are the roles of the healthcare team?
- What are the roles of family and caregivers?
- In this video, the focus is on some important things to consider as you take control of the treatment process.
Some important topics include:
- What are some suggestions, tools, and resources for navigating different types of healthcare settings?
- What is shared decision-making and what are related resources?
- What are some sources of care and support for caregivers and families?
- What are some reliable sources of medical information and who can help you understand the medical literature?
- This Facebook Live featured experts explaining what kidney cancer is and how important it is to protect your kidneys throughout their journey. This panel was comprised of Bryan Lewis (President and Co-Founder of KidneyCAN), Michael Palese (Professor & Chair, Department of Urology at Mount Sinai Beth Israel & Downtown), and Priya Deshpande (Assistant Professor, Department of Nephrology Mount Sinai Hospital).
- In the final part of our three-part Facebook Live, our panel discussed keeping the best quality of life for patients with kidney cancer. This panel was comprised of Bryan Lewis (President and Co-Founder of KidneyCAN), Dr. Alexander Kutikov (Chief of Urology at Fox Chase Cancer Center), and Francesca Maglione (certified oncology specialist dietician at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center)
- During our second presentation, our panel discussed the various treatment options for patients with kidney cancer. This panel was comprised of Bryan Lewis (President and Co-Founder of KidneyCAN), Dr. Gennady Bratslavsky (Chair of Urology at SUNY Upstate Medical University), and Dr. Adam Stern (kidney cancer patient).
- For our first Facebook Live, we had our panels of experts discuss how to take next steps after a kidney cancer diagnosis – as well as answer questions from the audience. This panel was comprised of Bryan Lewis (President and Co-Founder of KidneyCAN), Dr. Michael A. Palese (Chair of Urology at Mount Sinai, Beth Israel Hospital), and Debra (kidney cancer patient).
Kidney Cancer Infographic