Free prescription discount card benefiting the National Kidney Foundation — anyone can save immediately! There is no income qualification, no paperwork, and no waiting for your pre-activated card.
Use the card to receive discounts on prescriptions while helping fight kidney disease at the same time. All medications are eligible for savings, including pet meds! Every time you save using the card, the National Kidney Foundation will receive a donation from Watertree Health, at no cost to you. Check out this NEW resource to save you money on your medications!
Do you find it hard to manage your medications or keep them refilled on time? Now there is help.
Many pharmacies across the nation are participating in a new service that helps you coordinate your prescription refills so they are all due on the same day each month. This means you do not need to call in multiple prescription refills. It also reduces the number of trips you need to take to the pharmacy. For more information, go to www.aphafoundation.org/align-my-refills.
Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage Part D helps you learn about Medicare prescription drug coverage and find and compare prescription drug plans.
If you have Medicare and are having trouble paying for your prescriptions you should apply for "Extra Help" with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs through the Social Security Administration. You can apply online or call Social Security at 1 (800) 772-1213 or visit your local social security office.
State Kidney Programs are available in approximately 15 states and offer assistance for kidney transplant or dialysis patients with outpatient medications and other expenses.
State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs are offered in many states and the U.S. Virgin Islands and help paying drug plan premiums and/or other drug costs.
Prescription Assistance Programs by Company
Many drug companies offer prescription assistance programs for their medications to those who qualify. Here are some common medications and companies for dialysis patients and transplant recipients:
Abbott Laboratories / AbbVie Products
AbbVie Patient Assistance Foundation (800) 222-6885
- Ensure, Glucerna, Nepro - dialysis nutritional products
- Gengraf® (cyclosporin) - immunosuppressant for organ transplant recipients
- Zemplar® - hyperparathyroidism www.zemplar.com/zemplar-cost-savings.aspx
Amgen Assist (800) 272-9376
- Aranesp® - pre-dialysis and dialysis anemia medication
- Epogen® - pre-dialysis and dialysis anemia medication
- Sensipar® - dialysis medication to lower PTH (parathyroid)
The Safety Net Foundation helps provide Amgen medications to the uninsured.
Astellas Reimbursement Services (800) 477-6472
- Prograf® (tacrolimus) Prograf Copay Card - transplant
Fresenius Medical Care North America
Velphoro Patient Access Solutions (877-774-6756)
- Velphoro® - is a dialysis medication to lower serum phosphorus. Savings Cards
Genentech (A Member of the Roche Group)
- CellCept® The CellCept Copay Card - kidney, heart, liver transplant recipients
- Rituxan® Rituxan Support Line (877) 317-5179
- Valcyte® Valcyte InCharge Patient Program (VIP) - for the prevention of CMV (cytomegalovirus) in kidney, heart, pancreas transplant recipients
Keryx Patient Plus (855-686-8601)
- Auryxia™ (Ferric Citrate) – Phosphate Binder
- Acthar® Support and Access Program (800) 411-3065 - for proteinuria in nephrotic syndrome
Novartis Patient Assistance Foundation (800) 245-5356
- Myfortic® - kidney transplant recipients
- Neoral® (cyclosporin)- kidney, heart, liver transplant recipients
- Sandimmune® (cyclosporin) - kidney, heart, liver transplant recipients
- Zortress® (everolimus) Patient Reimbursement Support - kidney transplant recipients
Novartis Patient Assistance for Medicare Beneficiaries (800) 942-3424
Pfizer Helpful Answers (866) 706-2400
Sanofi-Genzyme BioVentures (formerly Genzyme)
Renal Patient Assistance Program (800) 847-0069
- Renvela® RenValue - phosphate binder for dialysis patients
Shire Cares Patient Assistance & Support (888) CARES-55 / (888) 227-3755
- Fosrenol® On Track - phosphate binder for dialysis patients
- Envarsus XR® (tacrolimus extended-release tablets)
- Veloxis Transplant Support 1-844-VELOXIS
- $0 Co-Pay Support
- Patient Assistance Program: 1-844-VELOXIS
Some websites allow you to search for prescription assistance programs by medicine:
BenefitsCheckUp is a free service of the National Council on Aging (NCOA), a nonprofit service and advocacy organization in Washington, DC. BenefitsCheckUp helps you find state, federal, and private benefits programs available where you live. These benefits programs can help pay for prescriptions, health care, food, utilities, and more. You can also get help with tax relief, transportation, legal issues, or finding work.
The Patient Access Network (PAN) offers help and hope to people with chronic or life-threatening illnesses for whom cost limits access to breakthrough medical treatments. 866-316-PANF (7263) Kidney related conditions that PAN offers assistance for are hyperkalemia and secondary hyperparathyroidism.