Drive for Dialysis
Being diagnosed with a chronic illness dramatically alters one's life – your organization can help.
Challenge your staff to join the fight against kidney disease with a hands-on, team-building activity to assemble care packages for dialysis patients in the community where you live and work.
An all-in-one Program:
Drive for Dialysis rallies your team around a shared goal: supporting patients in your community.
Educate your workforce about kidney disease and the importance of early detection; companies with on-site wellness programs save nearly $264 per employee per year and reduce absenteeism by 19%.
Volunteer Your Way
Hosting a Drive is easy with our out-of-the-box program, but you can also get creative. Already have a day of service? We'll work with you to design a volunteer opportunity that meets your unique needs!
See How Others Are Joining the Fight
At Konica Minolta we aim to engage our employees in programs and events that encourage enthusiasm and education. Our participation in the National Kidney Foundation's Drive for Dialysis program was a meaningful way to achieve both goals. With a Your Kidney's and You educational presentation, our employees learned ways to keep their kidney's healthy and equipped them with the knowledge to advocate for their kidney health. Through the Drive for Dialysis event, employees were able to pack care packages for local dialysis patients which furthered their awareness surrounding kidney health, while supporting an important community cause.
Allison Kern • Konica Minolta
How it works
How does it work?
Drive for Dialysis is a hands-on, non-skills based corporate volunteer opportunity that allows you to engage your staff/colleagues from the comforts of your office. Employees unite as a team to assemble care packages for delivery to a local dialysis clinic(s), while learning about kidney disease and its risk factors.
NKF will provide participating organizations with a standard care package and other tools to make it easy to maximize your impact:
- Standard care package includes:
- Tote bag for ease of assembly
- Kidney bean stress ball
- Coloring book and colored pencils
- Water bottle
- Key chain pill case
- "Living well on Dialysis" Cookbook
- Access to other patient resources like our NKF Cares Patient information Help Line, and a free subscription to Kidney Living Magazine
- List of suggested items for donation
- Support with on-site logistics and event execution
Can my company enhance the standard care package to reflect our brand?
Yes! Companies have opted to enhance the standard bag with additional items that provide direct benefit to patient recipients including:
- Branded notecards for staff to write personal notes of support and encouragement – we can help to create these at your request!
- Branded throw blankets provide warmth and comfort
- Gift cards for local big-box stores allow patients to access food and personal care items.
- Branded portal battery packs for tablets/smart phones
- Wearables: Hats, T-Shirts
How can Drive for Dialysis integrate with some of my existing philanthropic or volunteer activities?
- Have an employee giving campaign? Drive for Dialysis is an ideal alternative to a traditional campaign kick-off event.
- Have an annual day of service? Drive for Dialysis is a wonderful option for staff to take action in support of patients in their community.
What are the benefits?
- It will provide a platform to further your employee engagement goals.
- It's a means to align with a meaningful cause and demonstrate your commitment to community involvement.
- It will provide an opportunity for teambuilding.
- It's the perfect way to honor a staff member or his/her loved one who may be affected kidney disease.
- It will provide access to resources including intranet content, onsite presentations, videos and even kidney health screenings to supplement your wellness program.
How will Drive for Dialysis support the kidney community?
There are more than 100,000 new patients diagnosed with end-stage renal disease in the U.S. each year. For many of these individuals facing kidney failure, dialysis is a lifeline. It not only extends life, but also enhances its quality by improving appetite and other symptoms. But spending up to 4 hours per day, 3-4 days per week sitting in the same chair, in the same room can be mentally and physically taxing. In addition to boredom, many patients feel cold during treatment, or experience other side effects including low blood pressure, nausea, headaches or dizziness.
Hosting a Drive for Dialysis in your office will provide patients in your community with care packages to brighten their spirits and make the long-hours of treatment a little more bearable.
It's also an easy way to educate employees who may be at-risk about what they can do to keep their kidneys healthy – and prevent future patients from ending up on dialysis!
Can I choose where to designate the care packages my team assembles?
Yes! Care packages can be designated to a clinic or clinics of your choice, OR we can help to pair you with a center in need of support.
Can we hand-deliver the care packages?
Due to HIPPA and other privacy regulations, not every dialysis clinic will allow outside groups. However, we always advocate on your behalf to determine if hand-delivery and/or an educational tour is an option. This is a wonderful way to see the impact of your hard work first-hand.
How much does it cost?
Sponsorships packages begin at $3,000 and are based on the number of care packages your company elects to assemble, available in increments of 100. We recommend at least 20 bags per employee to provide a meaningful experience and ensure that all patients served by one clinic location receive a bag resulting from your efforts.
Thousands of patients are relying on our support.
American adults with chronic kidney disease.
dialysis patients in the U.S. today.
percentage by which kidney failure has increased in the last 10 years alone.
Contact us to learn more about hosting a Drive for Dialysis in your office.
Senior Director, Corporate Development Events and Program