- Cut the peppers into thin strips and reserve.
- Prepare the rice per package instructions to have 1 cup of cooked basmati rice.
- Cook the peas in water and drain. Season peas with the lime, pepper (chopped) and 1 clove of chopped garlic.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and brown 1 chopped garlic clove and 2 tablespoons of chopped onion. Add the chicken, cumin, parsley (chopped). Sauté until cooked.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a different pan. Brown 1 clove of chopped garlic and 2 tablespoons of onion. Add the rice. Sauté and add water until the rice is warmed through.
- Combine the cooked rice with the peas, peppers and the chicken. Add the raisins and almonds on the top of the risotto.
- Serve it warm.
- Calories 367
- Carbohydrates 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Protein 19.2 g
- Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Sodium 93 mg
- Potassium 381 mg
- Calcium 57 mg
- Phosphorus186 mg