Hurricane Harvey, Irma, & Maria: Help for Kidney Patients
If you are a patient affected by Hurricane Harvey, Irma, or Maria please call the KCER Hotline: 866.901.3773 if you need assistance or are having difficulty contacting your dialysis clinic. Visit the KCER Hurricane Harvey website, KCER Hurricane Irma website, or KCER Hurrican Maria website for updates, support, and resources. If you need help finding resources please contact NKF Cares: 1.855.653.2273.
View the National Kidney Foundation's statement on Hurricane Harvey and resources for dialysis patients here.
How to Donate:
The National Kidney Foundation is a proud member of the Kidney Community Emergency Response (KCER) Coalition.
The KCER Coalition strives to provide disaster preparedness resources to save lives, improve outcomes, empower patients and families, educate healthcare workers, build partnerships with stakeholders, promote readiness in the community, and support the ESRD Network Program.
For more information and Emergency and Disaster Planning resources visit the KCER website at: www.kcercoalition.com
The toll-free KCER Emergency Hotline for patients and providers is:
Find a Dialysis Facility or Transplant Center
To find out if your dialysis center is opened or closed:
- All dialysis centers including Independent Centers
- End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Network Coordinating Center
Get Ready For An Emergency
- National Kidney Foundation Planning for Emergencies: A Guide for People with Chronic Kidney Disease (PDF* download)
- Preparing for Emergencies: A Guide for People on Dialysis (English)
- Prepárese para Emergencias: Una guía para personas en dialysis (En Español)
- Patient Identification Cards
To make sure you have important information on-hand in case of an emergency, click here to download and fill out your ID card. Carry it with you at all times in your wallet or purse.