Nutritional benefits of herbs
Used in small amounts for seasoning, herbs are not a significant source of nutrients.
Why are herbs a superfood?
- They give flavor to food without the addition of salt
- Herbs can be purchased dry or fresh and are budget friendly
- You can easily grow them in a pot indoors or in your garden
- There are many varieties of herbs which can be purchased as a single herb or as part of a blend
- You can drink herbs as tea*
*Some herbal teas can interfere with actions of medicines. Check with your kidney dietitian or doctor for specifics on herbal teas.
Want to save this information for later?
Download the National Kidney Foundation’s Fact Sheet: Kidney-Friendly Superfoods: Herbs
*This content is provided for informational use only and is not intended as medical advice or as a substitute for the medical advice of a healthcare professional.