- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Place the red pepper (stem and seed removed) in a small baking pan and roast in the oven for an hour.
- Take it out of the oven and allow the pepper to cool for 15 minutes.
- Place the roasted pepper, the cup of canned pumpkin, and spices into a blender and pulse until it forms a creamy, thick puree.
- Finally, use the pumpkin pepper “hummus” just as you would regular hummus: serve with raw vegetables or low-sodium/salt-free chips and crackers. Or for something really fun, use it as the filling for a cheese-free quesadilla.
- Calories 34
- Carbohydrates 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g
- Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Sodium 7 mg
- Potassium 217 mg
- Calcium 21 mg
- Phosphorus 33.2 mg