The Kidney Walk is the nation's largest walk to fight kidney disease. Held in nearly 100 communities, the event raises awareness and funds lifesaving programs that educate and support patients, their families and those at risk. Take a lifesaving step today and sign up for a walk at www.kidneywalk.org.
Boston Kidney Walk
Sunday, October 23, 2016
More details soon!
Rhode Island Kidney Walk, returning in 2016 for more information contact Christie Brum (link Christie.email@example.com).
March is Kidney Month and March 10th is World Kidney Day. Throughout the month of March, NFK New England will have events, programs, and activities to promote kidney awareness. Come back to see what’s new and be sure to join us!
In New England
- Zakim Bridge will be turned orange as will other bridges or State Buildings across New England
- NKF Celebrates! Fundraising Reception at the Museum of Science March 10, 6-8:30pm
- Keep Healthy Screenings
- March 10, Boston City Hall, Boston, MA
- March 28, Portland, ME
- Not your Average Joe’s in Randolph, MA (every Tuesday in the Month of March mention NKF and 15% of your meal purchase will be donated)
- Be creative- create your own fundraiser, go orange campaign, work with your local restaurants an businesses to promote NKF and kidney health. Contact Christie Brum for ideas on how to get started.
- March 10 – Go Orange New England! Post pictures of you, your co-workers, family & friends wearing orange. Get creative!
- Donate a car to Kidney Cars
Health Screening Volunteers Needed
KEEP Healthy is the National Kidney Foundation's free community-based kidney health screening program. Volunteers are needed at screenings throughout the year. Contact Stacey Senat for more information.
Become a Your Kidneys & You Presenter!
Help raise kidney health awareness by becoming a Your Kidneys & You Presenter! Volunteer to deliver a short presentation on kidney health to groups in your community. Contact Stacey Senat for more information.
Walk/Event and Office Volunteers Always Needed!
Contact Judi Sem