Starting a Local Chapter
How do I start a new Local Chapter?
- Confirm a local chapter does not already exist in your area.
- Form a small group of professionals (aim for 25) willing to meet twice a year.
- Find someone willing to serve as the primary contact and Chapter Chair.
- Apply to be affiliated to the National Kidney Foundation (see related guidelines for affiliation).
How does my Local Chapter maintain affiliation with the NKF?
- CRN local chapters affiliate on the odd year
- CNSW local chapters affiliate on the even year
- CNNT local chapters affiliate on the odd year
Once affiliated, Chapter Chair contact information is added to the website so that local professionals can locate and contact Chapters in their area.
When is my Local Chapter’s affiliation application due?
The affiliation application is completed online each fall, and is typically open from August through October.