How to Start a New Local Chapter
It is super easy!
- Confirm a local chapter does not already exist in your area.
- Form a small group of professionals (aim for 10) willing to meet at least twice a year.
- Find someone to serve as Chair.
- Draft bylaws or rules.
- Apply to be affiliated to the National Kidney Foundation.
Rules for Local Chapters
We do have some rules, but not too many:
- Chapters must work with NKF to accredit their educational programs (apply for CE/CEUs).
- Chapters must work with NKF to handle their money. They cannot have their own bank accounts.
- Chapters must work with NKF to enter into contracts with vendors, sponsors, etc.
How to Maintain Chapter Status
Affiliation lasts for two (2) years. Then you must re-apply to maintain active status.
- CRN local chapters affiliate on the odd year.
- CNSW local chapters affiliate on the even year.
The application is due in the fall of the affiliation year.
Once affiliated, we'll add the Chapter Chair contact information to the website so that local professionals can find you.