Roasted Asparagus and Wild Mushroom Stew
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Wash and cut off the tough bottoms of asparagus spears.
- Place the asparagus spears into a single layer on a baking sheet. Spray the spears with olive oil. (1 teaspoon olive oil sprayed on spears) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Allow the spears to cool and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Reconstitute dried mushrooms in 1 cup very hot water.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in non-stick sauce pan over medium-high heat and add diced celery, carrots, onions, and fennel and saut until onions are translucent. Add thyme, cayenne pepper, sage, chopped parsley, Marsala wine, bay leaf, garlic powder, onion powder, and keep stirring for 1 more minute over heat. Add vegetable stock, liquid from the dried mushrooms, diced wild mushrooms, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place the asparagus pieces in the bottom of the dish, add stew and sprinkle pine nuts over the top and serve.
- Calories 103
- Carbohydrates 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Protein 3.4 g
- Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Sodium 78.8 mg
- Potassium 436.8 mg
- Calcium 45.9 mg
- Phosphorus 69.8 mg