The 2020 Connecticut Kidney Walks in Hartford and Southern Connecticut are going VIRTUAL on July 12th. Join the National Kidney Foundation in celebrating the kidney community from the safety of your home, neighborhood, or local park- to keep spirits high and the cabin fever at bay.
We’re all used to our walks being held at a specific location. You’ve got to get there by the start time—and parking can be tough. With a virtual walk, you pick where you do it, who you do it with (following CDC guidelines) and what time you start.
This format is new to everyone, so we’ve provided some additional information to get you started – now is the time to get creative!
What does it mean to be a virtual walker?
- You can sleep in on walk day and complete your walk at any time!
- We may not be physically together, but we’re united by our belief in the need for better care and longer lives for kidney patients – for YOU and the ones you love.
- Take your own walk around the neighborhood or at your local park July 12th.
- Take a selfie or video and share it on social media with the hashtag #KidneyWalk.
- Personalize your kidney walk page: document your kidney disease journey or tell us why you walk. Then ask your personal network to support you before walk day.
What if I’m sheltering in place or social distancing?
Your health and safety continue to be our number one priority. If you’re staying inside, there are still many ways you can participate and raise critically needed funds.
- Tune in to our Facebook Live event on July 12th to get a front-row seat for our walk-day activities.
- Show your team spirit: make your own kidney walk t-shirt and share to social media for a chance to win the t-shirt contest.
- While others walk outside, join us in staying healthy by climbing the stairs in your home, doing jumping jacks or pushups for every dollar you raise to support kidney patients by walk day.
- Not feeling physical? For every book you read, healthy meal you make, or ounce of water you drink on July 12th, ask your friends and family to donate ($5) – your creativity is the limit!
In times like these, we’re even more grateful for supporters like you who empower and inspire our daily work – come what may. Your generosity and ongoing participation in the kidney walk program will ensure that NKF maintains continuity of care and guidance for patients and families.
Follow the links below to learn more and register to keep our kidney community together and stronger than ever!