We're here to listen and support you during the COVID-19 outbreak. Find answers to the most common questions and stay informed about the latest coronavirus developments.
Thurs, 6/17 and Fri, 6/18
This two-day, Virtual CME Symposium is intended for nephrologists, general internists, fellows, residents, physician assistants, nephrology nurses, nurse practitioners, social workers, and renal/clinical dietitians. This symposium will feature nationally recognized faculty who will focus on the latest research, treatment therapies for kidney disease during COVID, and solutions for moving forward. We will also address how social determinants and race as a variable impact patient health outcomes.
Complete the online CMEs/CEs program LIVE on Thurs, 06/17 and Fri, 6/18 or ON DEMAND Thurs, 6/17 thru Fri, 8/20.
Learn more and Register Now!
NKF Members: $75
Renal Roundtable lectures provide nephrologists, nephrology nurse practitioners, transplant providers and those who care for patients with CKD with a networking opportunity and presentations on issues that are relevant to their practice. Upcoming Renal Roundtables are listed below or contact Monique Hardin-Cordero for more information at 212.889.2210 ext. 228.
Are you looking for a fun, educational, and remote activity to do with your child? Look no further than Your Kidneys and Youth. It's our FREE virtual program that offers short lessons and educational videos for adolescents to learn about how their kidneys work, ways to keep the kidneys healthy, and some basic information about kidney disease. Activities range in topics and skills including math, language arts, physical education, and science. It's never too early for children to learn how to care for themselves. Visit our website to learn more and sign up!
Take Charge is A FREE 8-week workshop for participants with Chronic Kidney Disease who want to learn how to manage their illness and live healthier with kidney disease. The first six weeks focus on overall healthy living, and the final two sessions cover kidney specific content, including a Q&A session with health care professionals. The workshop is currently being held virtually. All spots are currently full, but you may sign up for our interest list to be contacted when a new cohort begins.
On December 23rd, Congressmen Kind (D-WI) and Burgess (R-TX) introduced the Comprehensive Immunosuppressive Drug Coverage for Kidney Transplant Patients Act of 2019 (H.R. 5534). NKF has worked very closely with our Congressional champions, the transplant community, and other stakeholders to craft and build support for the legislation, which would eliminate the 36-month limit on Medicare coverage of immunosuppressive drugs for kidney transplant patients who do not otherwise have coverage for these important medications.
To keep kidney patients, caregivers, and medical professionals up to date with crucial information regarding COVID-19 we've included links to our most recent webinars for your viewing pleasure.
- COVID-19 & The New Normal: How Kidney Patients Can Adjust.
- COVID-19 & Transplant: Q&A Session to address your questions about precautions and considerations for transplant patients and living donors.
- Myths, Truths, and Latest Updates on COVID-19 and how it affects kidney patients.
- Pediatric Kidney Disease & COVID-19: Q&A Session on what parents of the children with kidney disease need to know as the country begins to reopen.
- Why Communities of Color Are Affected More By COVID-19 More Than Others: Addressing Disparities in Diverse Populations in partnership with NAACP.
- Life With A Kidney Transplant: Facebook Live and Webinar - Two patients discuss their post-transplant lives.
- Kidney Cancer: Protect Your Kidneys Throughout Your Kidney Cancer Journey - Informational Session.