- Dice Onion, garlic, and zucchini. Shred the carrot. Rinse the canned green beans or use 1 ½ cups fresh beans cut into ½ inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven on medium heat. Add onions and cook 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic, celery, carrot, and zucchini. (add green beans if using fresh). Cook about 5 minutes until the vegetables soften.
- Add canned green beans, basil, oregano, and black pepper.
- Add 1 can diced no salt tomatoes and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or according to package directions.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh basil. Ladle into a bowl and enjoy!
- Calories 144
- Carbohydrates 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Protein 5.9 g
- Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Sodium 55.1 mg
- Potassium 355.2 mg
- Calcium 51.3 mg
- Phosphorus 97.8 mg