Mexican Style Stuffed Peppers
1/2 stuffed pepper per serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare peppers for stuffing by removing stems, membrane & slicing in half lengthwise.
- Blend together the rice, turkey, egg, 1/2 cup salsa, herbs and spices.
- Evenly divide meat mixture into six portions & stuff pepper halves.
- Place in a baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add 2 tablespoons water to bottom of baking dish.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and top each pepper with 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh salsa.
- Bake uncovered for 15 additional minutes.
- Calories 226.8
- Carbohydrates 12 g
- Dietary Fiber 3 g
- Protein 23 g
- Fat 10 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Sodium 122 mg
- Potassium 483 mg
- Phosphorus 258 mg
- Calcium 43 mg