Recipe–Sesame Greens with Tofu
Serving size: 4 servings per recipe
- 4 cups (about ¾ pound) mixed greens (lettuce, collard, beet, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onions, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 8 ounces firm tofu, cut into cutes
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Cut greens into 2-inch-long shreds. Remove hard stems if needed.
- Drain tofu and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat oil in wok or sauté pan.
- Sauté tofu for 3 to 5 minutes until golden. Set aside.
- Sauté onions until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle curry over onions and add sugar and greens. Cover.
- Reduce heat and let greens steam in their own juice until tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir halfway through cooking. Don’t overcook or the greens will turn darker.
- Add soy sauce and vinegar, and heat to boiling.
- When the sauce is slightly thickened, remove it from the heat and add the tofu.
- Garnish with sesame oil and seeds. Serve with rice or pita bread.
Want to save this information for later?
For more information, contact the National Kidney Foundation
Toll-free helpline: 855.NKF.CARES or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*This content is provided for informational use only and is not intended as medical advice or as a substitute for the medical advice of a healthcare professional.