Come to the National Kidney Foundation's new KEEP Healthy program and find out. One in three Americans is at risk for developing kidney disease. KEEP Healthy will help you learn if you're the one.
What is KEEP Healthy?
The National Kidney Foundation's community-based initiative to educate about the kidneys, risk factors for kidney disease, and steps to take to keep kidneys healthy and reduce risk.
What does the KEEP Healthy Check-up Include?
- Risk Survey
- Body Mass Index (BMI): Height and Weight Measurements
- Blood pressure check
- ACR urine test for albumin (a type of protein) – For individuals at risk only!
- Free educational materials
- Opportunity to speak with a health care professional
Who's at Increased Risk for Kidney Disease?
- Anyone with high blood pressure, diabetes
- Anyone with a family history of kidney failure
- African-Americans, Hispanics, Asians, Pacific Islanders and American Indians
- Anyone age 60 and older
- Individuals who are obese (body mass index of 30 or above)
What should you do next?
- When you visit your doctor, share what you've learned about your risk factors for kidney disease
- Follow healthy lifestyle advice
- If you have any questions, call our NKF Cares patient hotline toll-free at 1-855-NKF-Cares (653-2273).
Urine analyzers and strips provided by: