- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Combine sugar, oil, and eggs. Beat well.
- Add carrots and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Drain pineapple well. Add 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, and crushed pineapple. Mix well.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x13-inch cake pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; Garnish with whipped cream and top with icing (optional);
- Soften cream cheese. Mix together 4 oz cream cheese, 1/4 cup unsalted margarine.
- Add 1 tablespoon vanilla and 2 cups powdered sugar.
- Spread over cooled cake. Use extra powdered sugar if icing needs to be stiffened.
- Calories 297
- Carbohydrates 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1 g
- Protein 3 g
- Fat 13 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Sodium 243.7 mg
- Potassium 84.2 mg
- Calcium 36.8 mg
- Phosphorus 46.3 mg